CinemaCon: Carlos Saldanha Named International Filmmaker of the Year
He'll be feted at the annual gathering of theater owners in March.
Brazilian director Carlos Saldanha will receive the international filmmaker of the year award at this year's edition of CinemaCon, the annual gathering of theater owners in Las Vegas.
The convention runs March 24-27 at Caesars Palace.
Saldanha is currently completing production on Rio 2, his follow up to 20th Century Fox's animated hit Rio.
The sequel opens in theaters April 11 and features the return of voice leads Anne Hathaway, Jesse Eisenberg, Jermaine Clement, Leslie Mann, George Lopez, will.i.am and Jamie Foxx. New voice additions include Andy Garcia, Bruno Mars, Kristin Chenoweth and Rita Moreno.
The Rio franchise is from Fox Animation Studios and Blue Sky Studios.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR