Cinemark Posts Rising Revenue and Falling Net Income
For the entire year, the movie exhibition company posted record revenue of $2.7 billion.
Cinemark Holdings reported a 6 percent rise in revenue to $651.9 million in the fourth quarter, though its net income dropped to $15.6 million from $27.8 million a year earlier.
The exhibitor, which operates 482 theaters with 5,563 screens in the U.S. and Latin America, said admissions revenue rose 7 percent to $412.6 million while concession revenue rose 6 percent to $201.8 million.
Per patron concession revenue was up 4.4 percent and the average ticket price rose 5.1 percent.
For the entire year, Cinemark posted an 8.5 percent rise in revenue to a record $2.7 billion.
Shares of Cinemark fell 1 percent Wednesday to $28.87 and were unchanged after the closing bell.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead