Cinematographers to Honor Dean Samler and Rodney Charters
The 27th annual American Society of Cinematographers Outstanding Achievement Awards will also present kudos to Robby Müller and Curtis Clark.
Dean Semler, Rodney Charters, Robby Müller and Curtis Clark will be honored at the 27th annual American Society of Cinematographers Outstanding Achievement Awards to be held Feb. 10 at the Hollywood & Highland Grand Ballroom.
Semler, who earned an Oscar and ASC Award in 1991 for Dances with Wolves, will receive the 2012 ASC Lifetime Achievement Award. He earned his second ASC Award nomination for Apocalypto. His credits also include Secretariat, In the Land of Blood and Honey and the upcoming Parental Guidance and Maleficent.
Müller, a native of Holland who has collaborated with Wim Wenders on such films as Kings of the Road, The American Friend and Paris, Texas, will be presented with the International Achievement Award. His credits also include Lars von Trier’s Dancer in the Dark and Breaking the Waves, Alex Cox’s Repo Man, William Friedkin’s To Live and Die in L.A., and Jim Jarmusch’s Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai.
Charters, who has worked on such TV series as Nash Bridges, The Commish, Shameless, and Nashville, will get the Career Achievement in Television Award.
Clark, whose feature film credits include The Draughtsman’s Contract, Dominick and Eugene, Alamo Bay, Extremities and Triumph of the Spirit, will receive the President’s Award. He also has hundreds of commercial credits and has served as the chairman of the ASC Technology Committee, which both investigates and influences the development of emerging technologies that impact filmmakers.
“We are thrilled to be honoring this extraordinary group of artists,” said ASC president Stephen Lighthill. “Each of these individuals has made an indelible impact on our profession, and the industry as a whole.”
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David