Cineplex Adds Fox Movie Titles to Online Store
Canadian exhibition giant signs distribution deal with Hollywood studio to sell movie titles online.
TORONTO -- Canadian exhibition giant Cineplex Entertainment has added movie titles from 20th Century Fox to its online video store.
The distribution deal will see Cineplex.com release studio titles like 127 Hours, Black Swan, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and the X-Men, either on-demand or download-to-own.
The 20th Century Fox titles will be available for download on the same day they are released in Canada by the studio on DVD and Blu-ray.
The deal comes as Canadian movie exhibitors and pay TV channels stare down competition from Netflix Canada, iTunes and other over-the-top U.S. digital platforms increasingly proliferating north of the border.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!