Cineplex Takes Two More Imax 3D Screens
Canada's largest exhibitor is to open super-sized screens in London, Ontario and Victoria, British Columbia.
TORONTO – Putting super-sized Hollywood movies on its screens has Cineplex Entertainment adding two more Imax digital theaters.
Toronto-based Cineplex, Canada’s largest exhibitor, unveiled an agreement with Imax to install two new theaters in London, Ontario and in Victoria, British Columbia.
Both theaters are scheduled to open by the year-end.
Cineplex last May ordered another three Imax screens.
The latest deal brings to 14 the number of Imax theaters it expects to have running by the end of 2011.
Cineplex has also pacted with rival Empire Theaters and the major Hollywood studios to install digital and 3D technology across its chain by late 2012 to take advantage of ticket price premiums on 3D movies.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama