Cineplex Takes Two More Imax 3D Screens
Canada's largest exhibitor is to open super-sized screens in London, Ontario and Victoria, British Columbia.
TORONTO – Putting super-sized Hollywood movies on its screens has Cineplex Entertainment adding two more Imax digital theaters.
Toronto-based Cineplex, Canada’s largest exhibitor, unveiled an agreement with Imax to install two new theaters in London, Ontario and in Victoria, British Columbia.
Both theaters are scheduled to open by the year-end.
Cineplex last May ordered another three Imax screens.
The latest deal brings to 14 the number of Imax theaters it expects to have running by the end of 2011.
Cineplex has also pacted with rival Empire Theaters and the major Hollywood studios to install digital and 3D technology across its chain by late 2012 to take advantage of ticket price premiums on 3D movies.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game