CityVille, FarmVille Maker Zynga Nears IPO Filing (Report)
The social gaming firm could file as early as Wednesday to raise up to $2 billion as it looks for a valuation of $15 billion-$20 billion, which could rival Yahoo's market value.
NEW YORK - Social gaming giant Zynga is preparing to file for its much-anticipated initial public offering as early as Wednesday and hopes to raise up to $2 billion by going public, the Wall Street Journal reported late Tuesday, confirming a report on CNBC.
The maker of such games as FarmVille and CityVille, which are popular on social networks, is looking for a valuation of $15 billion to $20 billion, according to the paper. The latter would be in the range of Yahoo's market value, which stood at $19.5 billion as of Tuesday's market close, according to Bloomberg data.
Gaming giant Activision Blizzard's market capitalization as of Tuesday's close stood at $13.3 billion, and Electronic Arts' at $7.5 billion, according to Bloomberg.
Zynga top executives are scheduled to attend Herb Allen's annual gathering of media, entertainment and tech moguls in Sun Valley next week.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!