Claudia Rosencrantz Exiting Post at Living TV Group
She has been credited with giving Simon Cowell his start while she worked at ITV.
LONDON -- She is credited with putting Simon Cowell on screen when she was head of entertainment at ITV. Now Claudia Rosencrantz is stepping down as director of television at Living TV Group, sources said Thursday.
Rosencrantz is the latest in an exodus of senior staff to quit Living TV after it was acquired last year by BSkyB for £165 million.
Group managing director Johnny Webb and director of programs Daniela Neumann have already announced their departure.
As an executive, Rosencrantz has built up a lot of kudos both in the U.K and U.S. Prior to joining Living she spent ten years at ITV, where she was credited with launching a slew of shows including X Factor, Who Wants to Be A Millionaire?, I’m A Celebrity and Hell’s Kitchen, all of which went on to be global hits.
Living, which has launched fare like Grey’s Anatomy, America’s Next Top Model and Spartacus Blood and Sand to Brit audiences, is now being integrated into bigger channel portfolio that also includes Sky1, Sky2, Sky Arts and the soon to launch Sky Atlantic.
Rosencrantz is understood to believe that there is no comparable role for her within the Sky management framework, and her departure is like to be announced within the next few weeks.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!