Clear Channel Acquires Struggling Thumbplay Subscription Service
4:31 PM PST 3/1/2011 by Paul Bond
Bob Pittman tells THR he is interested in Thumbplay’s “technology platform, technology team and marketing people."
Clear Channel, where Bob Pittman has landed as chairman of media and entertainment platforms, has paid an undisclosed sum to acquire Thumbplay’s struggling subscription music business.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile