Clint Eastwood to Direct 'A Star Is Born' Remake With Beyonce to Star
Clint Eastwood is in early negotiations to direct the long-gestating remake of A Star Is Born for Warner Bros.
Eastwood and his producing partner Rob Lorenzo will likely produce along with Bill Gerber, Jon Peters and Basil Iwanyk.
Warners has long been trying remake the movie, with Eastwood's due to be the fourth incarnation. This latest one has had director Joel Schumacher and Nick Cassavetes among those hopping on and off the helmer's chair while Will Smith and Russell Crowe have orbited leading roles.
The allure of the dramatic story of a young artist who marries a fading star, with her career flourished while his fades cannot be denied. Will Fetters wrote the current draft, which spins the scenario into the music world. This time it's a young singer who falls for an older rock star.
This new incarnation is being developed as a starring vehicle for Beyonce and Warners has for some time been trying to find the male lead.
Eastwood is in pre-production on J. Edgar, his biopic on controversial F.B.I. head J. Edgar Hoover. The production is amassing its cast and so far includes Leonardo DiCaprio, Armie Hammer, Josh Lucas and Judi Dench. It is due to start shooting this spring.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game