Clint Eastwood, Kate Beckinsale Among Honorees For the 14th Costume Designers Guild Awards
The Feb. 21 event honoring excellence in film, television and commercial design will also pay tribute to Marlene Stewart, Lou Eyrich and Deborah Hopper.
Clint Eastwood and Kate Beckinsale are among the honorees at this year's Costume Designers Guild Awards.
The awards gala, in its 14th year, will also recognize costume designers Marlene Stewart, Lou Eyrich and Deborah Hopper for their contributions to the entertainment industry.
Beckinsale, who stars in this summer's Total Recall update, will be honored with the Lacoste Spotlight Award, given to an actor who's committed to and aware of the importance of costume design; Eastwood, meanwhile, is to receive the the Distinguished Collaborator Award along with Hopper for their work on more than 16 films including Mystic River, Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino.
Stewart will receive the Disaronno Career Achievement in Film Award for designing wardrobes for several iconic Madonna music videos, such as "Vogue," "Material Girl" and "Like a Prayer." Stewart's film work includes Tropic Thunder, 21 Grams, JFK and the upcoming Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters.
The two-time Emmy-nominated Eyrich, to be honored with the Career Achievement in Television Award, previously won a pair of CDG trophies in 2010 and 2011 for creating costumes on Glee. The Fox dramedy's creator, Ryan Murphy, is slated to present Eyrich's latest award at the Feb. 21 ceremony, which will be held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles.
Among the nominees for design excellence in contemporary films: The Artist, Thor and Bridesmaids.
See the full list here.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing