Clint Eastwood's 'J. Edgar' to Hit Theaters in October
Warner Bros. will also release the Tom Hanks starrer, "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" in December.
Clint Eastwood’s biopic J. Edgar, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, will hit theaters sometime in October, Warner Bros. announced Wednesday.
Eastwood’s latest film explores the public and private life of J. Edgar Hoover, the legendary FBI chief who was one of the most powerful, controversial and enigmatic figures of the 20th Century.
J. Edgar also stars Naomi Watts, Judi Dench and Armie Hammer.
By going out in October, Warner Bros. is releasing the movie in the heart of awards season. Almost all of Eastwood’s recent films have opened in the fall.
Warners also revealed it will release Stephen Daldry’s Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close sometime in December. The potential awards contender stars Tom Hanks, Sandra Bullock and Thomas Horn.
Extremely Loud tells the story of a son who believes his father, a victim of the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center, left a message for him somewhere in New York City (Hanks plays the father).
Feeling disconnected from his mother (Bullock), the son searches the city for a lock that fits a mysterious key found in his father’s closet.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR