Clint Eastwood's 'J.Edgar' to Open AFI Fest
The Warner Bros.-distributed biopic, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, will premiere on Nov. 3 in advance of its Nov. 9 theatrical release.
The mystery of where Clint Eastwood’s anticipated J.Edgar will premiere has been solved.
After bypassing the Venice/Telluride/Toronto festival scene, the biopic will openen the American Film Institute's annual AFI Fest. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio as FBI director J. Edgar Hoover and written by Oscar-winner Dustin Lance Black, the Warner Bros.-distributed film will debut at a gala on Nov. 3 in advance of its opening in limited theaters on November 9 and a platform release (and awards campaign) after that.
"Clint Eastwood is an American icon – one whose work as a director, actor, producer and composer not only stands the test of time, but also continues to add new, rich chapters with each passing year,” AFI president and CEO Bob Gazzale said in a statement.
This year's 25th annual AFI Fest will take place from November 3 through November 10 in and around Hollywood. Venues include the Chinese Theatre, the Egyptian Theatre and the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)