Clint Eastwood's 'J.Edgar' to Open AFI Fest
The Warner Bros.-distributed biopic, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, will premiere on Nov. 3 in advance of its Nov. 9 theatrical release.
The mystery of where Clint Eastwood’s anticipated J.Edgar will premiere has been solved.
After bypassing the Venice/Telluride/Toronto festival scene, the biopic will openen the American Film Institute's annual AFI Fest. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio as FBI director J. Edgar Hoover and written by Oscar-winner Dustin Lance Black, the Warner Bros.-distributed film will debut at a gala on Nov. 3 in advance of its opening in limited theaters on November 9 and a platform release (and awards campaign) after that.
"Clint Eastwood is an American icon – one whose work as a director, actor, producer and composer not only stands the test of time, but also continues to add new, rich chapters with each passing year,” AFI president and CEO Bob Gazzale said in a statement.
This year's 25th annual AFI Fest will take place from November 3 through November 10 in and around Hollywood. Venues include the Chinese Theatre, the Egyptian Theatre and the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama