Clint Eastwood's Stompin' Tom Connors Biopic Is April Fool's Joke
Top Canadian media fell for the online prank that had the "Mystic River" director behind a movie about the late cowboy troubador.
TORONTO – No, Clint Eastwood will not be directing an Australian actor as the late Canadian cowboy troubador Stompin' Tom Connors in the reported biopic The Ballad of Stompin' Tom.
News of the Eastwood-directed biopic first surfaced on the Broadway World website on April 1, and indicated Aussie actor Bryan Brown would star as Connors, and Shania Twain as his wife.
The prank follows the Canadian country music star last month dying from natural causes at age 77 years.
The guitar-playing Ontario cowboy wrote about 300 songs during his long career, including hits like “Sudbury Saturday Night” and “Bud the Spud.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!