Clint Eastwood's Stompin' Tom Connors Biopic Is April Fool's Joke
Top Canadian media fell for the online prank that had the "Mystic River" director behind a movie about the late cowboy troubador.
TORONTO – No, Clint Eastwood will not be directing an Australian actor as the late Canadian cowboy troubador Stompin' Tom Connors in the reported biopic The Ballad of Stompin' Tom.
News of the Eastwood-directed biopic first surfaced on the Broadway World website on April 1, and indicated Aussie actor Bryan Brown would star as Connors, and Shania Twain as his wife.
The prank follows the Canadian country music star last month dying from natural causes at age 77 years.
The guitar-playing Ontario cowboy wrote about 300 songs during his long career, including hits like “Sudbury Saturday Night” and “Bud the Spud.”
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!