Clive Davis on Becoming Head of Columbia, Beatlemania, Clubbing with Lou Reed and Whitney Houston's Legacy (Video)
THR's Shirley Halperin spoke with the record producer and music industry executive at Billboard's Power 100 event.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com
"I had gotten into music by accident."
In a conversation with Shirley Halperin, music editor for The Hollywood Reporter, Clive Davis reflected on his early years as a struggling college student and the serendipitous turn of events that led to him taking the helm of Columbia Records, as well as the onset of Beatlemania, taking a walk with Lou Reed to the wild side of the 1970's New York club scene and, of special importance to the namesake of Billboard's Clive Davis Visionary Award (just this week awarded to Joe Smith), protecting and preserving the legacy of Whitney Houston.
Watch the video below.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!