Clive Davis Party: Watch Dave Grohl Chat up Lorde, Miley Cyrus Get Cozy With Pharrell (Exclusive Video)
Music vets and starstruck newcomers came together for the legendary pre-Grammys bash that saw Imagine Dragons' Daniel Platzman gush to Taylor Hawkins about his drum parts and members of The Great Big World pay their respects to John Fogerty.
Clive Davis' and The Recording Academy's legendary pre-Grammys party did not disappoint this year, with music's biggest stars rubbing shoulders and giving emotional performances the night before the ceremony. The attendees also posed for a class photo with the legendary producer, and The Hollywood Reporter has an exclusive look at how it all went down.
Imagine Dragons' drummer Daniel Platzman may have been a Grammy nominee, but was still starstruck meeting Foo Fighter Taylor Hawkins.
"I'm a huge fan, seriously. I've transcribed many a drum part," he told Hawkins.
"Well if you can transcribe a drum part, you're better than me already," Hawkins said, playfully putting up his hands in surrender.
Meanwhile, Dave Grohl chatted with Lorde as the pair waited for the rest of the musicians to arrive to take the photo. Miley Cyrus arrived and sat next to Grohl and waved to Lorde in acknowledgement.
Soon after, the room -- which included Robin Thicke, Jennifer Hudson and John Fogerty -- burst into applause as Pharrell Williams arrived on the scene. During the photoshoot, Cyrus cuddled up with Williams, who eventually moved to the floor for the final shot.
Attendees were well aware of the party's historical significance. Said Fantasia: "If you're not here, you're at the wrong party,"
"This party is a staple," said T.I. "I believe it’s just as important and just as highbrow as the ceremony."
Ian Axel of The Great Big World and bandmate Chad Vaccarino said they couldn't believe they were at Davis' bash, noting they'd only started the band a year ago.
"We feel like the coolest kids on the block," said Axel.
Watch the video above for a behind-the-scenes look at the shoot also featuring Nate Mendel; Imagine Dragons’ Dan Reynolds, Ben McKee and Wayne Sermon; and Foo Fighters’ Chris Shiflett and Pat Smear.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack