CMT Orders Steve Austin-Hosted Competition Series
"Redneck Island" will air 10 episodes beginning in June.
CMT has greenlighted a new competition series, Redneck Island, with former WWE star Steve Austin.
Produced by 51 Minutes Entertainment, Austin will serve as host of the 10-episode series, which puts 12 Americans out of the South and into a tropical location where they will compete for $100,000. At the end of each episode, one competitor will be sent packing.
Redneck Island will launch on the cable network this June, where it will be paired with My Big Redneck Vacation.
Additionally, as part of Austin's development deal with CMT, he will produce other shows with his production company, Broken Skull Ranch Productions.
The UTA-repped Austin will next be seen in The Package opposite Dolph Lungdren and Maximum Conviction opposite Steven Seagal.
Redneck Island is executive produced by Cris Abrego and Matt Westmore from 51 Minds Entertainment and Clay Newbill from 310 Entertainment, along with Austin. Jayson Dinsmore and Melanie Moreau serve as executive producers for CMT.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother