CNN Cancels Eliot Spitzer Show, Moves Anderson Cooper to 8 p.m.
Beginning Aug. 8, the cabler will broadcast "AC360" live at 8pm and re-air it in its current 10pm timeslot.
NEW YORK -- CNN said Wednesday that it will move Anderson Cooper's AC360 into the 8pm time slot instead of the cancelled In the Arena with Eliot Spitzer.
Beginning Aug. 8, CNN will broadcast AC360 live at 8pm and re-air it in its current timeslot of 10pm.
In the fall, CNN will also premiere a new general news program with former CNBC star Erin Burnett, which will air at 7pm ET and re-air at 11pm ET. Piers Morgan Tonight will continue to air at 9pm and 12am ET as part of the rejigged evening lineup.
John King, USA will kick off the CNN evening show offers at 6pm.
The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer will continue as a two-hour daily program, airing in a new timeslot of 4-6pm, the network said, while CNN Newsroom will now air from 9am-4pm.
“I’m looking forward to the new time slot and am excited to share AC360 with a new audience at 8pm, while still connecting with my regular viewers at 10pm,” said Cooper.
"The new line-up showcases anchors who are experienced reporters in covering stories that span the globe,” said Ken Jautz, executive vp, CNN/U.S. “We created a nightly schedule that brings together the best of CNN’s journalism on a wide range of topics from politics and the economy to global and world events, as well the best newsmaker and celebrity interviews. This line-up ensures viewers access to the best of what CNN has to offer whenever they tune in at night.”
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'