CNN Experiences Power Outage at Atlanta Headquarters
The network switched to another bureau to continue broadcasting with "minimal interruption," a CNN spokesperson said in a statement.
On Oscar Sunday, CNN lost power at its Atlanta headquarters, forcing it to switch bureaus as it experienced a brief interruption, the network said.
"CNN Atlanta experienced a power failure on Sunday and was able to quickly switch to another bureau for broadcast," a CNN spokesperson tells The Hollywood Reporter. "Live programming and taped programming resumed with minimal interruption during the switch."
The power outage was noted by media observers on Twitter.
The New York Times' Brian Stelter tweeted that the network "started Oscars show early because of a dramatic power loss at HQ. The broadcast went black, then green for 20 seconds. Then commercial."
Jonathan Wald, executive producer of Piers Morgan Tonight wrote, "Power out at CNN Atlanta, the @piersmorgan Pre-Show starts in seconds... this should be interesting."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama