CNN Experiences Power Outage at Atlanta Headquarters
The network switched to another bureau to continue broadcasting with "minimal interruption," a CNN spokesperson said in a statement.
On Oscar Sunday, CNN lost power at its Atlanta headquarters, forcing it to switch bureaus as it experienced a brief interruption, the network said.
"CNN Atlanta experienced a power failure on Sunday and was able to quickly switch to another bureau for broadcast," a CNN spokesperson tells The Hollywood Reporter. "Live programming and taped programming resumed with minimal interruption during the switch."
The power outage was noted by media observers on Twitter.
The New York Times' Brian Stelter tweeted that the network "started Oscars show early because of a dramatic power loss at HQ. The broadcast went black, then green for 20 seconds. Then commercial."
Jonathan Wald, executive producer of Piers Morgan Tonight wrote, "Power out at CNN Atlanta, the @piersmorgan Pre-Show starts in seconds... this should be interesting."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack