CNN ousts Rick Sanchez over Jon Stewart rant
On heels of comments about Jews, 'The Daily Show' anchor
CNN issued a statement Friday announcing that anchor Rick Sanchez has been let go from the network after giving a radio interview in which he insinuated Jon Stewart was a bigot and CNN was "run by Jews."
“Rick Sanchez is no longer with the company," the statement read. "We thank Rick for his years of service and we wish him well.“
Sanchez let loose on "The Daily Show's" Stewart while appearing on the " Stand Up! with Pete Dominick" SiriusXM radio show Friday morning.
Sanchez, who is Cuban American, said there's racism in the media "not just [from] the right," but also "elite, Northeast establishment liberals" that "deep down, when they look at a guy like me, they see a guy automatically who belongs in the second tier, and not the top tier."
He pointed to a personal experience with an unnamed CEO exec calling him "more as John Quinones," referring to the Hispanic ABC News reporter.
A rep for Stewart had no comment.
An insider says he may discuss this on "The Daily Show" on Monday.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'