CNN ousts Rick Sanchez over Jon Stewart rant
On heels of comments about Jews, 'The Daily Show' anchor
CNN issued a statement Friday announcing that anchor Rick Sanchez has been let go from the network after giving a radio interview in which he insinuated Jon Stewart was a bigot and CNN was "run by Jews."
“Rick Sanchez is no longer with the company," the statement read. "We thank Rick for his years of service and we wish him well.“
Sanchez let loose on "The Daily Show's" Stewart while appearing on the " Stand Up! with Pete Dominick" SiriusXM radio show Friday morning.
Sanchez, who is Cuban American, said there's racism in the media "not just [from] the right," but also "elite, Northeast establishment liberals" that "deep down, when they look at a guy like me, they see a guy automatically who belongs in the second tier, and not the top tier."
He pointed to a personal experience with an unnamed CEO exec calling him "more as John Quinones," referring to the Hispanic ABC News reporter.
A rep for Stewart had no comment.
An insider says he may discuss this on "The Daily Show" on Monday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game