CNN Reaches Settlement With Family of Self-Immolating 'Vodka Mom' Taunted by Nancy Grace
Mocked on air by the Headline News host for drunkenly smothering her child to death, Toni Medrano killed herself in July.
CNN has reached a settlement with the family of Toni Medrano, who killed herself in July after Nancy Grace repeatedly mocked her on air, the network announced on Monday. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Grace, a combative Headline News host, dubbed Medrano the "Vodka Mom" for having in November 2011 allegedly passed out after drinking nearly a full bottle of the liquor and smothering to death her three week old child. Grace, on her show, demanded that Medrano be charged with first degree murder, and poured shots from a bottle of vodka to demonstrate how much she drank.
In July 2012, a distraught Medrano, 29, lit herself on fire in the backyard of her mother's home in St. Paul, Minnesota.
"She got depressed and said life wasn't worth living," her sister told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. "She said she couldn't live with herself."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game