CNN wants Larry King until year-end
Report cites Piers Morgan issues with new visa
CNN wants Larry King to postpone his final show, so far slated for fall, and extend his talk show hosting duties until the end of the year, The New York Post reports.
British journalist and "America's Got Talent" judge Piers Morgan, widely seen as King's replacement, is "apparently having trouble obtaining a work visa," The Post said citing sources. "It is uncertain how serious the glitch is -- but it has apparently held up the long-awaited deal to put Morgan in King's chair by late October or early November."
British citizens need a visa to work full-time in the U.S., and reports have said that those types of visas have been increasingly difficult to get.
Because "America's Got Talent" is a seasonal show, Morgan could do it with a limited visa.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR