CNN's Erin Burnett Reveals New Show Name, Promo (Video)
The 7 p.m. program is set to premiere this fall on the news network.
CNN host Erin Burnett's new show has a name: Erin Burnett OutFront.
The new host, who had been at CNBC for five years before making the move earlier this year, revealed the name through Twitter on Tuesday, tweeting, “Just back from shoot around the world. Ready to go #OutFront in September.”
A new promo for Burnett’s fall show, a general news program airing 7 p.m. weekdays, was also released. “I want people to say that our show is smart. I want our show to be authentic,” Burnett says in the promo. “I want our show to have courage.” The well-respected journalist previously co-hosted CNBC’s Squawk on the Street and host of Street Signs.
“Erin is the kind of all-star player that knows how to connect-the-dots and translate events into relevant information for viewers,” CNN Worldwide president Jim Walton said in April when Burnett’s hiring was made official. At the time, she was expected to begin anchoring a new show beginning in June.
In July, CNN canceled Eliot Spitzer’s low-rated show, In the Arena, which was a replacement for Parker/Spitzer, which launched last fall with Kathleen Parker. In early August, Anderson Cooper moved into the 8 p.m. time slot previously held by In the Arena.
“We have a lineup that underscores our commitment to quality journalism,” Ken Jautz told THR following the cancellation of Spitzer’s show.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws