Coachella Expands to Two Weekends in 2012
Festival organizers will attempt to produce two identical festival weekends with the same lineups.
The Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival is expanding to two consecutive weekends when it takes place in Indio, Calif. next year. But there’s a twist.
While Coachella itself will take place for six days total in 2012, festival organizers are attempting to produce two identical weekends — April 13-15 and April 20-22 — meaning the same lineup but different festivalgoers.
The plan is ambitious, but with Coachella consistently growing and selling out more quickly each and every year, this may be the logical next step.
Weekend passes for next year’s festival go on sale beginning Friday at 10 a.m. PT until Friday, June 10 at 10 p.m. PT. Three-day passes cost $269 plus fees.
This year’s Coachella featured headliners like Arcade Fire, The Strokes, Lauryn Hill and Kanye West.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR