Coachella Sells Out in a Week
The music fest lineup, announced last week, includes Kanye West, the Strokes, Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, PJ Harvey and Ms. Lauryn Hill.
The 2011 Coachella Music and Arts Festival has sold out, a week after the lineup was announced and tickets went on sale.
Organizers of the event, which takes place April 15-17 in Indio, Calif., posted a notice on the Coachella website that "festival passes are no longer available."
That was followed by a tweet Wednesday afternoon saying that "no, we don't have any passes left to release, kthxbye."
On Wedneday, an enterprising scalper from tried to make some money off the event. A notice posted on Craigslist advertised one car camping ticket for $500, good for April 14-8. That post, however, has since been removed, but LA Weekly has the screen grab.
Coachella announced its lineup Jan. 18, with Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire and Kanye West topping the bills for each of the fest's three nights.
Also on the lineup are the Black Keys, Interpol, PJ Harvey, the Chemical Brothers, Duran Duran, Cee Lo Green, Ms. Lauryn Hill, the Strokes, Animal Collective and Mumford & Sons.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'