Coachella Sells Out Both Weekends
UPDATED: Both weekends of the 2013 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival are sold out as of Wednesday morning.
Tickets for the first weekend of this year's Coachella festival sold out within 15 minutes after going on sale, and the second weekend sold out by 9:40 a.m. this morning, according to a post on the festival's Facebook page.
Sales for the first weekend yesterday were dogged by technical issues. However, consumers were reportedly still purchasing tickets up to two hours after the website said that they were sold out, due to tickets in shopping carts that were not officially purchased.
Many complaints were filed with Front Gate Tickets, the company in charge of sales for the event. Its Facebook page gave buyers a glint of hope when they posted, “We have tons of people trying to buy guys! Give it a few and keep trying.”
After even more complaints, they posted again: “Oh there are SO many people buying. Hang tight, try again in a minute.... THANKS for all your patience!” Many patrons were still locked out of buying tickets, however, and they have been showing their frustration on the festival's Facebook page.
While weekend one was the first to sell out, there are still passes available -- though it is unclear how many -- for weekend two (April 19-21). The only passes left, however, are coupled with a four-person camping package -- the cheapest of which amounts to $3,400.
This year’s festival includes headliners The Stone Roses, Blur, Phoenix, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, with other popular bands such as Modest Mouse, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Franz Ferdinand, and Janelle Monáe.
Last year the festival grossed $47.3 million from ticket sales of 158,387.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game