Cody Horn Cast as Female Lead in Steven Soderbergh's 'Magic Mike'
The actress, the daughter of former Warner Bros. studio head Alan Horn, will play the love interest of Channing Tatum's character.
Cody Horn has joined the cast of Magic Mike, the male stripper drama based on the experiences of Channing Tatum, who also stars in the Steven Soderbergh-directed film.
The actress, recently cast in the Jake Gyllenhaal-starring drama End of Watch, will play the sister of an up-and-coming male dancer played by Alex Pettyfer, whose character is based on Tatum. (He stripped for nearly a year when he was 18 to make ends meet.)
Tatum, who is also producing, will appear as the film's titular character -- a mentor to the dancer played by Pettyfer and the love interest of Horn's character. Mike will also feature Matthew McConaughey, Matt Bomer, Joe Manganiello and Riley Keough.
Also producing are Nick Wechsler, Gregory Jacobs and Reid Carolin, who is writing the script. The project is slated to begin production in September in Los Angeles.
Horn, the daughter of former Warner Bros. Entertainment president and COO Alan Horn, recently had a three-episode arc on NBC’s The Office and also had a recurring role on FX’s Rescue Me.
Horn's casting in the project was first reported by The Playlist. She is represented by Paradigm and Untitled Entertainment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR