The Coen Brothers' 'Inside Llewyn Davis' to Screen as Chicago Film Festival Closing Night Film
The film, starring Oscar Isaac, Carey Mulligan and Justin Timberlake, is also scheduled to play the New York Film Festival.
Joel and Ethan Coen’s Inside Llewyn Davis has been selected to screen as the closing night film of the 49th Chicago International Film Festival, which runs Oct. 10-24.
The film, produced by Scott Rudin and the Coen brothers, stars Oscar Isaac as a ’60s folk singer along with Carey Mulligan, John Goodman, Garrett Hedlund and Justin Timberlake.
The Grand Prix winner at this year’s Cannes Film Festival, it is also scheduled to play the New York Film Festival. CBS Films will release the film in the U.S. on Dec. 6.
“The Coen brothers’ latest masterpiece takes us back to a vibrant era in American music, one that Chicagoans may particularly appreciate given the city’s rich folk music history,” Michael Kutza, founder and artistic director of the Chicago International Film Festival, said.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR