Coheed and Cambria's Mic Todd Arraigned for Armed Robbery of Pharmacy
A judge raised the bail for the bass player's bail from $10,000 to $25,000 cash, citing the seriousness of the charges, his out-of-state addresses and previous record.
Coheed and Cambria bass player Michael (aka Mic) Todd was arraigned Monday in a Massachusetts court on charges of armed robbery and unlawful possession of prescription narcotics.
The arraignment comes just one day after his arrest in Attleboro, Mass., shortly before the band was set to open for Soundgarden.
Todd was arrested Sunday after police responded to a report of a robbery around 1 p.m. at a Walgreens.
"Upon arrival, it was learned that a male had threatened a pharmacist with a bomb threat and demanded Oxycontin," police told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement. "The male was given six bottles of pain pills."
Todd, 30, was then seen by a passerby getting into a cab, which police discovered was headed to the Comcast Center, where Coheed and Cambria were set to perform that night.
During the arraignment, Judge Daniel O'Shea increased Todd's bail from $10,000 to $25,000 cash, according to published reports. He cited the seriousness of the charges, Todd's out-of-state addresses (he lives in New York with his parents but gave Anaheim as his current city of residence) and previous record, which includes a conviction for drug possession and an arrest for reckless driving.
Assistant District Attorney Mark Donovan had requested the bail be increased to $100,000 cash.
On its website Sunday, Coheed and Cambria addressed Todd's arrest, saying he's off the tour.
"Michael Todd was arrested today on what we consider very serious charges and therefore he will not be finishing up the current tour," a statement read. "Wes Styles, longtime member of the Coheed family, will take on bass duties starting tomorrow for the remaining dates. No shows will be canceled.
"We are surprised to say the least and will address the situation with Michael after the tour. For now, we just want to have a great time out here and finish with some killer shows in Boston, Poughkeepsie, Quebec City and Halifax."
Hours after the arrest, 311 bassist P-Nut tweeted, "My boy Michael Todd from Coheed held up a Walgreens to snag some drugs. Wow. Time to get fully sober homey. #think"
Coheed and Cambria has released five studio albums, including its most recent, Year of the Black Rainbow, in 2010.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game