Colbert Defends TSA for Investigating Chewbacca Actor's Lightsaber Cane (Video)
In addition to the Wookiee, the Comedy Central host quips that he'd like federal agencies to target C-3PO and Yoda.
Stephen Colbert's faux-conservative persona not only agreed with the TSA's recent extra scrutiny of Chewbacca actor Peter Mayhew's lightsaber cane, he'd also like to see government agencies target other Star Wars characters.
"I want to commend the TSA for recently doing what they had to do to foil a high-profile fugitive who associates with known smugglers," the Colbert Report host said. "I am talking, of course, about Chewbacca."
Mayhew ran into trouble at a Denver airport on June 3 and detailed his issue with airport on security on Twitter, writing that TSA "won't allow me through the airport with me cane!" He added that he was given the Jedi-ready cane back after he started tweeting.
See why Colbert would also like Immigration and Customs Enforcement to investigate C-3P0 and Health and Human Services to take a look at the 900-year-old Yoda in the clip below:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR