Coldplay and Clear Channel Partner to Give Fans a Preview of New Album
The band will be the first performers in the company's new Artist Integration Program.
Coldplay fans can get some early previews at the band’s upcoming album (and the band gets some extra promotion) in the Clear Channel’s new Artist Integration Program starting Oct. 10.
“Capitol Records and Coldplay are excited to participate in a proactive new music platform that will help deliver the true recognition that the new album, Mylo Xyloto deserves,” says EMI/Capitol North America Marketing and Promotion EVP Greg Thompson.
“We are thrilled Clear Channel can offer the assets, reach and creativity that will connect musicians like Coldplay more closely to their fans in an emotional, deeper experience,” Thompson continues. “This creative program will definitely impact the health of the music industry.”
In advance of the album’s release on Oct. 24, Clear Channel will air artist profiles with band members discussing the album, online content, and a custom station on iHeartRadio.
The Artist Integration Program aims to increase audience awareness of new music projects from both established and developing artists through on-air and online promotional campaigns using Clear Channel’s 850 radio stations in 150 cities, and digital platforms including iHeartRadio.
Clear Channel says that participation in the program will not affect airplay.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR