Coldplay to Release Comic Book Series
The first issue of the "Mylo Xyloto" series will go on sale at Comic-Con.
Coldplay is getting into the comic book business.
A six-part Mylo Xyloto series, the first of which will go on sale at Comic-Con in San Diego this week, will tell the origin story of the Mylo Xyloto character, the band announced on its website Tuesday. The series will be co-written by Oscar-nominated filmmaker Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda).
For the band, the project was conceived three years ago: "gradually mylo's story and universe came together and this ended up providing the backdrop for the album and tour. .. to kick things off mark's going to be holding a panel at comic con in san diego this week. so if you're there you can ask him 'who's major minus?' and 'what the hell's the hypnofeed all about?' we hope you like it. it was fun making it."
The following issues will be available monthly beginning February 2013. The series will be published by Matt Groening's Bongo Comics Group.
Mylo Xyloto is Coldplay's latest studio album, which was released October 2011 and debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200.
Check out the cover of the first issue below:
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'