Coldplay to Release Comic Book Series
The first issue of the "Mylo Xyloto" series will go on sale at Comic-Con.
Coldplay is getting into the comic book business.
A six-part Mylo Xyloto series, the first of which will go on sale at Comic-Con in San Diego this week, will tell the origin story of the Mylo Xyloto character, the band announced on its website Tuesday. The series will be co-written by Oscar-nominated filmmaker Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda).
For the band, the project was conceived three years ago: "gradually mylo's story and universe came together and this ended up providing the backdrop for the album and tour. .. to kick things off mark's going to be holding a panel at comic con in san diego this week. so if you're there you can ask him 'who's major minus?' and 'what the hell's the hypnofeed all about?' we hope you like it. it was fun making it."
The following issues will be available monthly beginning February 2013. The series will be published by Matt Groening's Bongo Comics Group.
Mylo Xyloto is Coldplay's latest studio album, which was released October 2011 and debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200.
Check out the cover of the first issue below:
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Week’s Best Game of Thrones Reader Comments: ‘The Lion and the Rose’
- Douglas Coupland on Being a Visual Artist, the ‘Torture’ of Interviews, and Unintended Side Effects
- Alan Thicke on His New Reality Sitcom and Being ‘Considerably More Boring Than Jason Seaver’
- 6 Forgotten Teen Films of the Late ’90s and Early ’00s