Coldplay Covers Rihanna's 'We Found Love' (Audio)
The Brit rockers put a soft spin on the Calvin Harris-assisted club track.
While promoting their newly released album, Mylo Xyloto, Coldplay borrowed from pop princess Rihanna during a recent appearance on BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge series.
Chris Martin and his crew performed their own version of Rihanna’s club-ready “We Found Love,” which features DJ Calvin Harris on the original. Martin’s vocals blend with the piano for a slightly softer take on the tragic love story. Listen below.
The artists share a mutual affinity for one another, with Coldplay inviting the 23-year-old songstress to be featured on their latest album. Rihanna lends her voice to the upbeat synth track “Princess of China,” which is being heralded as a surprise fan favorite. “'Yellow’ seems like a faint memory with this epic electro breakup track,” writes Billboard.
Mylo Xyoto hit stores on Oct. 25 and will likely overthrow Adele’s long-running 21 for the No. 1 spot on the Billboard 200. The new album is projected to sell between 440,000 and 450,000 copies by Oct. 30.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!