Coldplay Covers Rihanna's 'We Found Love' (Audio)
The Brit rockers put a soft spin on the Calvin Harris-assisted club track.
While promoting their newly released album, Mylo Xyloto, Coldplay borrowed from pop princess Rihanna during a recent appearance on BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge series.
Chris Martin and his crew performed their own version of Rihanna’s club-ready “We Found Love,” which features DJ Calvin Harris on the original. Martin’s vocals blend with the piano for a slightly softer take on the tragic love story. Listen below.
The artists share a mutual affinity for one another, with Coldplay inviting the 23-year-old songstress to be featured on their latest album. Rihanna lends her voice to the upbeat synth track “Princess of China,” which is being heralded as a surprise fan favorite. “'Yellow’ seems like a faint memory with this epic electro breakup track,” writes Billboard.
Mylo Xyoto hit stores on Oct. 25 and will likely overthrow Adele’s long-running 21 for the No. 1 spot on the Billboard 200. The new album is projected to sell between 440,000 and 450,000 copies by Oct. 30.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR