Colin Farrell Joins the Evolution of Film Vampires in 'Fright Night' (Photos)
From scary to sexy, bloodsuckers have taken many forms in Hollywood over the years.
From Nosferatu to Twilight, vampires films have seen their fair share of interpretations over the history of Hollywood. This weekend, the supernatural genre adds one more notch to its belt with the remake 1985’s Fright Night.
PHOTOS: 'Fright Night,' 'Twilight' and 'Nosferatu': The Evolution of Film Vampires
Colin Farrell stars as the latest bloodsucker to hit the big screen – this time in 3D – as Jerry, the scary-but-still-sexy vampire next door. He stars opposite Anton Yelchin, Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Toni Collette in the Craig Gillespie helmed remake.
FILM REVIEW: 'Fright Night'
Farrell is earning rave reviews for his latest role, with The Hollywood Reporter’s Todd McCarthy noting: “Farrell doesn’t have to work hard at it, but is both charismatic and quite humorous as the irresistible and ever-resourceful bloodsucker.”
Take a look back at a few select vampires throughout history, including Brad Pitt, Robert Pattinson, Gary Oldman and the late Aaliyah.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR