Colin Farrell-Noomi Rapace Crime Thriller 'Dead Man Down' Sets 2013 Release
The movie, directed by Niels Arden Oplev, also stars Terrence Howard and Dominic Cooper.
FilmDistrict will release revenge thriller Dead Man Down in theaters April 5.
The film reteams director Niels Arden Oplev with Noomi Rapace, star of his Swedish film The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. In Dead Man Down, Rapace stars opposite Colin Farrell, Terrence Howard and Dominic Cooper.
FilmDistrict acquired U.S. rights to Dead Man Down during the Cannes Film Festival in May. IM Global and WWE Studios financed.
In the movie, Farrell plays a professional killer and right-hand man to an underground crime lord in New York City. When he's seduced and blackmailed by a crime victim seeking retribution (Rapace), their intense relationship leads them to plot violent and cathartic plan for revenge.
Oplev directed from a script by J.H. Wyman, who also produced the film with Neal H. Moritz.
As of now, the only other movie opening April 5 is Fox's untitled comedy starring Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR