Colin Firth to Topline Untitled Dante Ariola Project (Cannes)
The actor will star opposite Emily Blunt in story of two people trying to reinvent themselves using other people's identities.
CANNES -- Oscar winner Colin Firth will star opposite Emily Blunt in an untitled dark comedy to be directed by commercials man Dante Ariola who will make his big screen debut with the project.
Based on a screenplay by Becky Johnston the movie is bankrolled by Vertebra Films and will be produced by Johnston alongside Cross Creek Pictures’ Brian Oliver and Alisa Tager.
It is set to roll in the fall this year and details the story of man who fakes his own death in an attempt to reinvent himself and meets a woman who is also in the process of trying to escape her old life. They both break into empty houses to seal the identities of the absent owners.
UTA, which represents Ariola and Johnston, and CAA, which represents Firth and Blunt, co-packaged the film and will co-represent North American rights.
Focus Features International is handling international sales.
The deal was negotiated on behalf of Vertebra and Cross Creek by Eric M. Greenfeld at Rosenfeld, Meyer & Susman.
Ariola is an award winning commercials director whose resume boasts brands such as Coca-Cola, Adidas, Nike, Lexus and Volkswagen, among others.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR