Colin Firth makes journey to 'Promised Land'
Matthew Macfadyen, Jim Sturgess also attached
BERLIN -- Colin Firth and Matthew Macfadyen are lining up alongside Jim Sturgess to star in Michael Winterbottom's "The Promised Land," backers said Thursday.
The movie is being repped worldwide here at the European Film Market by Fortissimo Films, which is partnering with Winterbottom and producing partner Andrew Eaton's production banner Revolution Films to make the movie.
Winterbottom is traveling to the Berlinale to present "The Killer Inside Me" in competition and told THR he is casting "Promised" now.
Billed as a political crime thriller set in British-ruled Palestine at the end of World War II, Winterbottom's picture is written by Laurence Coriat.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'True Detective' Deleted Scene: Rust and Lori Break Up
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Crushes Things In A Giant Tank For A Good Cause
- 'Of Many' Film Produced By Chelsea Clinton To Premier At Tribeca Film Festival, Featuring Muslim-Jewish Relations
- The 'High School Musical' Song Ranking You've Been Waiting For