Colin Hanks Boards 'My Mother's Curse' (Exclusive)
The actor also recently joined "Dexter" for a recurring role next season.
Colin Hanks has boarded My Mother's Curse, Paramount and Skydance Productions' road movie starring Seth Rogen and Barbra Streisand.
Anne Fletcher (The Proposal) is directing the project which just began shooting.
The dramedy, written by Dan Fogelman (Cars), follows an inventor (Rogen) who invites his overbearing mother (Streisand) on a cross-country trip as he tries to sell his new product while also reuniting her with a lost love.
Hanks will play the husband to the already cast Yvonne Strahovski, Rogen's high school sweetheart in the pic to whom he once proposed to. Hanks and Strahovski let Rogen and Streisand crash in their house after the son and mother get caught in a blizzard.
Hanks' movie casting follows last week's TV deal which will see him on every episode of next season's Dexter, the popular serial killer show on Showtime. Production on that begins in June.
Hanks is repped CAA, the Schiff Company and Bloom Hergott.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR