Colm Feore eyeing Showtime's 'Borgias'
Colm Feore is close to a deal to co-star opposite Jeremy Irons on Showtime's upcoming drama series "The Borgias."
Colm Feore (Getty)
"Borgias," which has a received a 13-episode order, is set in Italy in 1492 and revolves around a powerful crime family headed by patriarch Rodrigo Borgia (Irons).
Feore, who recently recurred on Fox's "24," would play the key role of Borgia's nemesis, Cardinal Giuliano Della Rovere, who vigorously opposes Borgia's election as Pope Alexander VI and continues to tangle with him. (A historical footnote: After Alexander's death in 1502, Della Rovere became Pope Julius II, and he commissioned Michelangelo to paint the famous frescoes on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.)
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera