Colm Feore eyeing Showtime's 'Borgias'
Colm Feore is close to a deal to co-star opposite Jeremy Irons on Showtime's upcoming drama series "The Borgias."
Colm Feore (Getty)
"Borgias," which has a received a 13-episode order, is set in Italy in 1492 and revolves around a powerful crime family headed by patriarch Rodrigo Borgia (Irons).
Feore, who recently recurred on Fox's "24," would play the key role of Borgia's nemesis, Cardinal Giuliano Della Rovere, who vigorously opposes Borgia's election as Pope Alexander VI and continues to tangle with him. (A historical footnote: After Alexander's death in 1502, Della Rovere became Pope Julius II, and he commissioned Michelangelo to paint the famous frescoes on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.)
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama