Colombia's Dynamo to Launch Production Fund
Financing taps into recently established rebates.
BOGOTA -- Colombian shingle Dynamo is structuring a new production fund that will finance up to a half-dozen feature films a year.
Dynamo CEO Andres Calderon said the fund will front producers a 40 percent rebate on production services, providing the project qualifies for Colombia's recently established filming incentives, which aim to draw foreign shoots.
Dynamo Capital, the producer's investment arm, will provide the money upfront and recoup the rebate after production wraps, allowing producers more cash flow during the production phase.
Bogota-based Dynamo has financed and co-produced such films as Sundance audience award-winner Undertow, and it recently produced Out of the Dark with Participant Media, a thriller starring Julia Stiles and Scott Speedman. Out of the Dark is Dynamo's first English-language pic.
Production begins in August on El Elefante Desaparecido, a psychological thriller from Undertow director Javier Fuentes-Leon.
Additionally, Dynamo is producing four documentaries this year for the Discovery Channel.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10