The Colorful Secret Life of Greta Garbo
An estate auction reveals the private icon's love of the color pink, healthy gadgets like a juicer and, yes, many pairs of her signature trousers.
Think of Greta Garbo and "I want to be left alone" -- the line she uttered as an aging ballerina in 1932's Grand Hotel -- springs to mind. But an extraordinary auction Dec. 14 and 15 in Beverly Hills at Juliens Auction House (juliensauctions.com) of 853 possessions amassed by the legendary Swedish beauty reveals that the mysterious, solitary MGM icon had a more whimsical side. Specifically, a pink side, given that the perky shade permeated her extensive wardrobe and lavish Upper East Side apartment in New York.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR