Columbia picks up 'Babe in the Woods'
Ruben Fleischer set to direct Mike White screenplay
Columbia is staying in the Ruben Fleischer business, picking up the Mike White-penned action comedy "Babe in the Woods" for Fleischer to develop as a directing vehicle.
Fleischer became a hot commodity when he directed the surprise hit "Zombieland" for Columbia, which quickly put a sequel into development. Columbia also recently acquired the director's latest project, action comedy "30 Minutes or Less" which stars Danny McBride, Aziz Ansari and Jesse Eisenberg. MRC is producing and financing the pic.
"Babe" centers on a female freshman from the Midwest who arrives at Yale and becomes a target of the New Jersey mob.
White, best known for writing comedies such as "Nacho Libre" and "The School of Rock," will produce the project through his Rip Cord Productions banner. Rip Cord's David Bernad will also serve as a producer on the film.
White most recently wrote and directed the pilot "Enlightened," which was recently picked up by HBO.
Both Fleischer and White are repped by UTA.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!