Columbia Picks Up 'Last Exorcism' Writers' 'Wheels'
Road movie reteams Andrew Gurland and Huck Botko with Will Ferrell and Adam McKay's Gary Sanchez Productions and Principato/Young.
Columbia has picked up Wheels, a high school road movie from Andrew Gurland and Huck Botko, the duo who wrote the found footage hit The Last Exorcism.
Wheels reteams Gurland and Botko with Will Ferrell and Adam McKay's Gary Sanchez Productions and Principato/Young, who produced the duo's comedy The Virginity Hit for Columbia.
Gurland and Botko have made names for themselves in the low-budget, documentary-styled movie (Gurland also co-directed Frat House, a documentary that won the 1998 Sundance Film Festival grand jury prize) and according to Columbia, Wheels will follow that path.
In addition to grossing $41 million domestically on a $1.8 million budget, Last Exorcism surprised many last week when it garnered two Indie Spirit Awards in the performance categories.
The duo are repped by WME and Principato/Young.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack