Comedian Anthony Jeselnik Inks Development Deal at Comedy Central
He will star in and executive produce a project set to begin filming in 2012.
Comedian Anthony Jeselnik has inked a development deal with Comedy Central.
He will star in and executive produce a project that he's set to develop and shoot in early 2012. Christie Smith (Daniel Tosh: Happy Thoughts) will join him as as executive producer.
“We are trying to reconcile how someone with such a dark world view can also be such a nice guy,” said the network's head of original programming and development Kent Alterman. “We figured the best way to find out would be to develop a show with him.”
Added Jeselnik, “At this point in my career, I feel like this is the best thing that could happen for Comedy Central."
The comedian has a long history with the network, including appearances on Comedy Central's Roast of Donald Trump, stand-up series Premium Blend and his own comedy Comedy Central half-hour, stand-up special. He's also written for late Night with Jimmy Fallon, MTV's Movie and Video Music Awards and Comedy Central's Night of Too Many Stars.
Jeselnik is repped by Mosaic Media Group and WME.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Nurse Jackie" Is At Its Most Dramatic This Season
- Non-Newtonian Fluids Rock Out As Stars Of Jack White's New Music Video
- Dave Attell's 'Road Work' & 'Comedy Underground' Bring His Raw, Unfiltered Style Back To TV
- James Cameron: The Scripts For All Three 'Avatar' Sequels Are Almost Done, Plus More Reddit AMA Highlights