Comedian Anthony Jeselnik Inks Development Deal at Comedy Central
He will star in and executive produce a project set to begin filming in 2012.
Comedian Anthony Jeselnik has inked a development deal with Comedy Central.
He will star in and executive produce a project that he's set to develop and shoot in early 2012. Christie Smith (Daniel Tosh: Happy Thoughts) will join him as as executive producer.
“We are trying to reconcile how someone with such a dark world view can also be such a nice guy,” said the network's head of original programming and development Kent Alterman. “We figured the best way to find out would be to develop a show with him.”
Added Jeselnik, “At this point in my career, I feel like this is the best thing that could happen for Comedy Central."
The comedian has a long history with the network, including appearances on Comedy Central's Roast of Donald Trump, stand-up series Premium Blend and his own comedy Comedy Central half-hour, stand-up special. He's also written for late Night with Jimmy Fallon, MTV's Movie and Video Music Awards and Comedy Central's Night of Too Many Stars.
Jeselnik is repped by Mosaic Media Group and WME.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR