Comedian Jenny Johnson Explains Her Twitter Feud With Chris Brown
"I chose to turn a lazy Sunday watching football with my husband into a total s---storm," she wrote in GQ.
We know the result of the infamous vulgar Twitter feud between Chris Brown and Jenny Johnson -- the pop singer's account gets deleted and the comedian got death threat tweets from some Twitter users.
But, how did the whole ugly war-of-words get started last Sunday? In a post at GQ magazine, Johnson explains that she isn't apologizing for instigating the fight and that she didn't think the incident would be so widely covered.
"I didn't expect my name to be in entertainment news, but it is, and it is because I started it," wrote Johnson. "I won't say I regret what I did, but I will say I have learned from it. I chose to turn a lazy Sunday watching football with my husband into a total s---storm."
Johnson, who has written critical tweets about Brown reportedly since his 2009 arrest, sent a tweet as a reply to the singer saying that he was a "worthless piece of s---" in response to a message he tweeted to his followers. It escalated from there into vulgar exchanges traded back and forth. Brown's account was finally deleted.
In her GQ post, Johnson explains that her tweets weren't meant to be attention-seeking. "I didn't want attention from all of this. If I wanted attention, I would have accepted all of the invitations to be on shows and to actually give exclusive interviews, but I declined all of them," Johnson wrote.
"I've had people assume I dislike Chris Brown because I'm taking up for Rihanna, I'm not. I'm on the side of good, of equality and respect for my fellow woman. I was raised to not respect a person who doesn't respect others," she explained.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack