The Comedy Actress Roundtable
Emmy's funniest contenders reveal their big breaks, parenthood fears and why it's 'so boring' to ever ask a question about women and comedy.
The topic of parenthood was bound to come up at this year's Emmy Comedy Actress Roundtable. Jenna Fischer (The Office), pregnant with her first child, openly solicited the advice of her peers on work-family balance. (Modern Family's Julie Bowen's advice? "Lower your standards.") But the chatter also leaned heavily toward their craft -- though Parks and Recreation's Amy Poehler was quite firm that there was no need to even question the state of women and comedy -- and how the rest of the panelists, The Big Bang Theory's Kaley Cuoco, Desperate Housewives' Teri Hatcher and Glee's Lea Michele, each embraces and laughs at the absurd demands of the television comedy actress.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR