Comedy Central to Air 'Weird Al' Yankovic Concert Special (Video)
"The Alpocalypse Tour" marks the Grammy award winner's first televised special in over a decade.
Hot off “Weird Al” Yankovic’s highest charting album ever, The Alpocalypse, Comedy Central has announced that the comedian is finding his way back to TV this fall with Weird Al Yankovic Live! – The Alpocalyspe Tour.
Premiering on Saturday, Oct. 1 at 9pm ET/PT, the concert special will be the funny man's first broadcast on television in over a decade, featuring several of his well known parodies including “Amish Paradise” and “Fat.”
An extended version of the special will be made available on DVD and Blu-Ray Tuesday, Oct. 4.
The show was shot this summer in Toronto and includes performances of his aforementioned tracks, in addition to new songs such as the Lady Gaga spoof “Perform this Way." The network will also premiere his next track “Polka Face,” which targets Justin Bieber, Britney Spears, and Katy Perry.
In its first week alone, his "Born This Way" inspired video gained over 6 million views on Yankovic's YouTube channel. Watch the clip below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack