Comedy Central Announces Return of 'The Comedy Awards' in New York
The sophomore outing of the network's award show will tape in April 2012, airing one week later.
Comedy Central announced today that its second annual Comedy Awards is slated for April 28, 2012, once again taping in New York.
The event, honoring the funny men and women in film, television and standup, will take place at Hammerstein Ballroom. Don Mischer Productions returns to produce the show with the network and Viacom Entertainment Group EVP of event production Casey Patterson.
"As much as I'd like to brag that we rig this in favor of our friends, the truth is probably more gratifying to the winners," said Comedy Central head of original programming and production Kent Alterman. "They are chosen by a massive voting body of their comedy peers."
Some of the attendees last year included David Letterman, Eddie Murphy, Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin, Jon Stewart and Kristen Wiig.
"With the combination of the comedic talent, the city of New York and how successfully the show came together earlier this year, we couldn't be more excited about producing The Comedy Awards again in 2012," Don Mischer added.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aaron Paul 'Can't Wait' to Have Kids with Lauren Parsekian, Hopes They're Mini Versions of His Wife!
- Milo Ventimiglia & His 'Visitors' Cast Are Excited to Start Filming!
- Andrew Garfield & Emma Stone Show Us How to Really Kiss with Passion On and Off-Screen!
- Hilary Duff Just Can't Get Enough of La Conversation!