Comedy Central Expands Reach in Latin America
Fast-growing network extends in the Caribbean, too.
MEXICO CITY -- Viacom International Media Networks has reached a deal with DirecTV to expand carriage of Comedy Central in Latin America.
The agreement allows Comedy Central to extend its reach in key markets across the territory, including Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Uruguay, Venezuela, and in the Caribbean as well.
Comedy Central Latin America launched in February 2012 with a distribution of 10 million subscribers in the region.
Here in Mexico, a major market in Latin America, the network recently produced new stand-up comedy episodes, featuring local comedians and celebrity guest hosts.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR