Comedy Central orders telemarketer series
'Workaholics' started as webisode development
Comedy Central has ordered a half-hour scripted series about a trio of slacking telemarketers.
The network has greenlighted "Workaholics" from Avalon Television and Gigapix Studios. The project started as a webisode development and progressed to a series order and stars Mail Order Comedy's Blake Anderson, Anders Holm, Adam Devine. Kevin Etten ("Scrubs") is showrunner and executive producer.
Comedy Central expects "Workaholics" to hit the air in the summer.
"This pilot was one of the great surprises waiting for me when I arrived here," said Kent Alterman, head of original programming and production at the network. "These guys have a unique comedic sensibility that they've applied to a very relatable experience -- that delicate time between college and becoming a responsible adult."
"Workaholics" is executive produced by Mail Order Comedy, 5th Year's Dominic Russo and Connor Pritchard, Etten, Avalon Television's David Martin, Thoday and Richard Allen-Turner as well as Gigapix Studios Pritchard.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game