Comedy Central showing 'Brother'-ly love
Comedy Central is developing an odd-couple comedy series starring two heavy-set comedians.
The network has made a script deal for "Brothers From Another Mother," a rare multicamera project for the network.
"Brothers" stars Ralphie May and Lavell Crawford. May, who is white, and Crawford, who is black, will play lifelong friends who discover they're brothers when their father passes away and leaves them his barbecue restaurant.
Comedy Central has aired only a few original multi¬camera projects. The network has another multicam project debuting next month, the Will Ferrell-produced "Big Lake."
"Brothers" is executive produced by Ben Feigin of Anonymous Content, who brought in fellow exec producers Eric and Kim Tannenbaum and writer/exec producers Mitchel Katlin and Nat Bernstein. May and Crawford also are exec producers.
May is repped by UTA and Anonymous; Crawford is repped by ICM.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'